Thursday, August 9, 2018

A Little Extra Push

     Most people have that someone in their life that pushes them.  Pushes them out of their comfort zone.  Pushes them to get uncomfortable.  Pushes them to try new things.  Pushing may seem a little rude or forward, but that little extra push can make a huge impact on your life and the lives of your students.

     I have had that influence in my life that has helped me to learn and grow as an educator.  I have become a connected educator by joining Twitter, because of a little push.  I have attended edcamps I learned about on Twitter, and eventually facilitated a few sessions at different edcamps.  I have started a blog and added to my Amazon reading wishlist.  I have joined a life changing Voxer group that challenges my thinking every day (#4OCFpln).  I have presented PD sessions in my district as part of a team and eventually independently.  I have even presented outside of my district at a Technology Conference when I don't even consider myself particularly "techy".

     I mention all of these things not to praise my own accomplishments, but to illustrate what the power of a little loving push in the right direction can do.  If you have that someone in your circle of influence, learn all you can from them!  If you don't, then seek one out, or better yet, seek to be that person of influence in someone else's life.

     "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

     "Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor."

     "A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart."

     Let's join together in helping each other to be the best we can be for our students.  Challenging, questioning, sharing, and yes, Pushing!

No comments:

Post a Comment