Sunday, January 10, 2021

My #OneWord2021 #Intentional




Looking over my last blog post, which was a year ago, I am disappointed in myself for not actively blogging this past year.  My desire with my #OneWord2020 was to be very thoughtful and reflective.  There is no evidence that this happened on my blog.

I could give any number of reasons for the lack of posts: a disruption in my normal everyday routines, a disruption in life in general, a decision to renovate a good portion of my house. None of these reasons would be the true.  The truth would be that I did not make it a priority.

I have learned over the years that no matter what is going on in our lives, we tend to carve out time for those things which are important to us. Getting up early to spend time in God's Word, making sure there is enough gas in the car to travel to a conference, scheduling vacation time to go visit family, staying up late and losing sleep to watch a movie or finish a good book.  None of these things happen by accident. You have to be intentional. 

If I really want to be reflective through blogging, I need to set aside time weekly, make an appointment with myself to sit down and write.  Whether with pen and paper or digitally, just write.  

Intentional was one of the words I thought about choosing for 2020.  It is a word I hear often from my director in my home-based business.  She has reminded me many times that a goal without a plan is just a dream.  I need to plan for those things that are important to me, those things that I want to make a priority in my life.  Just wanting them will not guarantee they will happen.

Things I need to be intentional with: my prayer life, exercise, time with my husband & family, reading books, blogging, my home-based business.  Making a plan and putting it into writing is just the beginning of my being intentional.  I also need to share my plan with someone to give myself an accountability partner.  Joy Kirr has often tagged me in reminders to blog and I appreciate her support and encouragement!  This blog post is the start of a new year and a new #oneword for me.  And I intend to be very #Intentional with it! #OneWord2021

1 comment:

  1. Kimberly! Woot! I've learned this past year that humans should really only have ONE priority... if that is in place, the rest of what you want and need should come through. My one priority this year is my health - physical and mental. Therefore, if writing (blogging) will help me with that, I'll get it done. I'll be intentional about doing it, as you might say... ;) Thanks for tagging me - good to see you're doing what you want to do, and I hope it helps you do what you feel you need to do. Cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete